Sunday, May 23, 2010

Frames

This week we had our frame practical to do over two days.

We were given a sheet with the circuits drawn on that we needed to wire up and test when we were done. The frames had to replicate 5 rooms of a house. Each person was given a circuit or job to complete.

My job was to do the meter board and switch board wiring. We were given all the materials needed.

I found that the switch board was easy to do once I looked at the circuit diagram that we were given at the start of the semester. I think I need to work on my wiring neatness but that was all that I got wrong with the switch board.

With the testing we were also given a sheet that we followed with the correct procedure on. I had to lead the group and instructed people with what to do. I found the testing quite confusing at first but eventually got the hang of it. We found a few things wrong with some of the circuits but they were easily fixed.

Lastly we put power to the switch board and check it all live and turned all the lights on and off.

Here are some photos of the finished wiring.


No comments:

Post a Comment