Saturday, May 1, 2010

Jointing and Conduit


This week we did jointing and metal and plastic conduit.

With the jointing we first did a 3 phase neutral screened cable with epoxy resin. This was simple enough to do but I needed to read all of the instructions before preparing it as I stuffed up a few times with the cables not being staggered enough and leaving too much outer sheath off. After these mistakes were taken care of I poured in the mixture in the mould. I found that the resin leaked out of the bottom a little bit but was fixed by s
queezing the mould tighter. Here is a picture of the finished product.

















After this we made one of these.
















After this I moved on to tapping a metal pipe with a die. I found this hard to start and took me a while to do but once I got started I was able to make the thread easily enough. Then I went ahead and bent two 90 degree angles into it. This will be places onto our single phase walls. Pictures are to come next week. I have now finished the plastic conduit bending and found it relatively easy but we didn't have the right sized spring for the size conduit we were using so was difficult to get a perfect bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment