Monday, May 31, 2010

Two week update

It has been two weeks since I have updated this blog.

In the last two weeks I have been busy testing my single phase board that I constructed and a 3 Phase board that had been made by the lectures from previous years.

I have found the testing a little bit confusing to start with and and only just coming to grips with the process now but i was able to test and liven my single phase board successfully apart from one problem. I had connect the main neutral to the RCD's wrong. I had put the phase in at the top and the main neutral in at the bottom and therefore were opposing each other and kept tripping when a load was applied. I have now fixed this and realised what was wrong.

Part of the testing was doing a earth fault loop impedance test and I was able to do it but had a little trouble at first.

The 3 phase board in my opinion was a mess it had not been looked after very well and it was very untidy. When I was testing it I was unsure whether some of the faults were from previous students fiddling with it or because they are purposely put there for us to find. But I have noted all of the faults that were found and finally finished all of the testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment